And just like that over half of 2023 has gone by! It seems like just yesterday that communication about the merger of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) and TD Ameritrade Institutional started. With Labor Day 2023 is quickly approaching we wanted to continue to provide information about this transition.
What's happening and how it affects you.
- Your relationship with your advisor will not change.
- Your account will move from TD Ameritrade Institutional to Schwab over Labor Day weekend 2023.
- Schwab will automatically transfer your assets and holdings—there is nothing you need to do.
- After the move, you will have access to Schwab Alliance, our secure online client portal. Schwab Alliance makes it easy for you and your advisor to manage your accounts.
- You will have a new Schwab account number, so you will need to update any direct deposits or recurring payments that you have set up directly with your bank or other third parties. Any instructions set up on TD Ameritrade will transfer over.
For more information you can visit the Client Learning Center at https://welcome.schwab.com/alliance.
You can also read more about how Schwab works with your advisor at HERE
We will continue to communicate with you on the progress of this transition as we receive updates. As always, we are here to help answer any of your questions!
These materials have been independently produced by FSB Premier Wealth Management, Inc. FSB Premier is independent of, and has no affiliation with, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or any of its affiliates (“Schwab”). Schwab is a registered broker-dealer and member SIPC. Schwab has not created, supplied, licensed, endorsed, or otherwise sanctioned these materials nor has Schwab independently verified any of the information in them. FSB Premier provides you with investment advice, while Schwab maintains custody of your assets in a brokerage account and will effect transactions for your account on our instruction.